[Ilugc] Open Source Software Survey -Reg

Vignesh Nandha Kumar viky.nandha at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 15:11:17 IST 2012

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 2:27 PM, ARUN PALANIAPPAN <
arunpalaniappan.mek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> I received the survey request through this list only and I feel it is
> appropriate to comment on that using this list only.

If you couldn't fill the survey form, replying to the OP would have been
appropriate.

I was shocked on
> seeing a reply mail, insulting me.
>
> >>Nobody is interested to know if you are poor or rich.

I don't see such reply in this thread. Was it sent to you alone and not to
this list?

Whatever, while taking part in such forums, you should be ready to accept
criticism and learn from it. Sometimes it might feel harsh for a newbie,
but you should get used to straight forward replies.

> I feel very much insulted by this sentence.

I'm not sure what you meant by poor. If you were talking about economical
status, definitely it's not so nice to talk about it here. Else, the reply
makes no sense. Either way, there is no insult, IMO.

I was not the only one who has given a feedback. There is one more feedback
> to the survey request, which was posted well before my reply. But, there
> was no mention on that. Does rules or advise apply only to newbies?

If the members in the list feel that this list is not for one who does not
> practise software profession, or if this list is something only for a group
> of people, I request you to kindly relieve me from the list.

Come on dude, get rid of this complaining attitude. This is a community. If
you feel something is not right, just say so. Don't humiliate yourself. If
you say something wrong, you would learn it from the replies to it. But
*learning* from the mistakes is very important.

--
Vignesh Nandha Kumar
http://vigneshnandhakumar.in