[Ilugc] issues with top and bottom posting

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 19:12:47 IST 2012

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Vignesh Nandha Kumar
<viky.nandha at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM, Arun Khan <knura9 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Besides guidelines in top/bottom posting, I would like to highlight the
>> need for
>>
>> 1.  "quoting" only the relevant portions of the message when replying.
>>  It is very annoying to see +1 or a me too (at least to me) at the end
>> of a long quoted message.   Here the chap has followed the guideline
>> of bottom posting but has unnecessarily quoted the entire posting
>> which is anyway available in the list archives and sorted by
>> thread/subject.
>>

> There is already "Use interleaved, trimmed posting" in the guidelines. I
> think "trimmed" covers your point. May be it's too subtle.

Yes, interleaved posting is one aspect where you rejoinder your
response to specific paras in the post.

I was pointing to people simply doing a +1 either @ the top or @ the
bottom repeating the entire message as quotes.   At times, in the
entire quote, there are different opinions on the issue and it is not
clear who you are agreeing to!
IMO one could trim the quote to points that you agree with.

-- Arun Khan