[Ilugc] issues with top and bottom posting

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 20:44:20 IST 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Shrinivasan T <tshrinivasan at gmail.com> wrote:
> we are asking list members to avoid top and bottom posts for long time.
>
> we do not explain them well on why we need to avoid them.
>
> i request you all to give your explanations on why to avoid top and bottom
> post with links and screenshots.

See the discussions in the CentOS general mailing list
<http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/>

Debian list <http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/> where majority
follow the mailing list etiquette.

List members in above are as busy as most members here, some are
senior admins at their respective job places or consulting practices
and yet they do *find* the to follow mailing list etiquette and
format/trim their responses.

Hopefully, the above examples drive home the point about the value of
following mailing list guidelines.

-- Arun Khan