[Ilugc] Mailing List Etiquette

Mohan Sundaram mohan.tux at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 07:06:59 IST 2012

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Balasubramaniam Natarajan
<bala150985 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I went through the presentation, I did not understand the over quoting and
> the message digest that clearly.

Mailing lists have a message digest notification mode to its
subscribers (for those who do not want individual emails). Thankfully
not on this list but elsewhere, I receive replies by subscribers to
the digest.

Two issues with this:
a) the whole digest gets quoted which is absurb.
b) I need to figure out to which specific message the subscriber is
replying or giving his views on.

Amongst mailing list evils, this is the most evil, IMHO.

-- Mohan Sundaram