[Ilugc] Remote Desktop problem from 10.04 to 10.04

Balasubramaniam Natarajan bala150985 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 08:43:16 IST 2012

> I have found great success with freenx-server and the respective
> client working great even on an ADSL link.

Found the solution as to why VNC was not showing up because in the
~/.vnc/xstartup file sh word was missing in the line exec
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

I will try freenx-server as well in the near future,  it is always good to
know the workaround :-) thanks Rajagopal.

http://www.havetheknowhow.com/Configure-the-server/Install-VNC.html

#!/bin/sh

# Uncomment the following two lines for normal desktop:
unset SESSION_MANAGER
exec sh /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

[ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup
[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
vncconfig -iconic &
x-terminal-emulator -geometry 1280x1024+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP
Desktop" &
x-window-manager &

Balasubramaniam Natarajan
www.etutorshop.com/moodle/