[Ilugc] Check you DNS

Balasubramaniam Natarajan bala150985 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 17:41:29 IST 2012

> the simplest solution to the problem is to run a cacheing only
> nameserver on local host
> --

Please explain more on this I did not understand.  My idea about DNS server
is that if your local DNS server does not have an IP corresponding to a
domain name or if its cache does not have one it will look up the next
level DNS server's what ever you have configured to see if that has an
answer.  If at all you have configured your ISP's DNS server as the next
level DNS server and if your ISP is ignorant about DNS changer malware we
will at least know to skip using the ISP's DNS server by starting to use
open DNS.

Balasubramaniam Natarajan
www.etutorshop.com/moodle/