[Ilugc] [ilugc] sfd event suggestion

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 19:07:14 IST 2012

Greetings,

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Madan U Sreenivasan <madanus at gmail.com> wrote:

> One event that comes to my mind...
>
> Am thinking we should encourage businesses to bring their boxes, install
> linux for them on their boxes. This can be coordinated by companies that
> provide open-source tools support - they can also market their solutions
> during this event.
>
> I understand that something similar was done by the SFO lug group in their
> earlier days.

I wish I were a part of it. I am in Mumbai <Sigh>

I would like to make a slightly modified suggestion.

One can ask the businesses bring their problems/issues/requirements.

Promoting open source software won't hurt in that case...

Products like alfresco (as a replacement to file share), Jasper
reports/perntaho for CA openvista for heathcare vertical etc come to
mind. Perhaps a demo setup with heterogenous (but staunchly FLOSS in
the backend/infra) with fixed/mobile clients/frontends would impress
more.

Rajagopal