[Ilugc] Fwd: Fw: How to boot the system in Single user mode

naveen kumar naveen91linux at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 13:35:59 IST 2012

 **
Hi,

    I am Naveen, Linux beginner.  Planning to certify RHEL certification.
Trying to study on my own with a mentor helping me freely in his spare
time, but he doesn’t know Linux and directed me this mailing list. Thanks
in Advance.

I have few questions here, please help me.

1)      I am trying exercise about  “how to boot the system in Single user
mode on Centos' 6.0'”.  I am using Acer Extensa 4620 laptop Intel(R)
Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T550 @ 1.83GHZ.  I referred many webites, But  I couldn’t
find clearly about how to boot  it using single user mode on Centos.
Please help me.

2)      Why do I need to practice using CentOS instead of RHEL?

3)      Can I find list of exercises required to practices RHEL
certification exam?