[Ilugc] Request for Multi-page image editing FLOSS

Arun Venkataswamy arun289 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 10:31:44 IST 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM, Rajagopal Swaminathan <
raju.rajsand at gmail.com> wrote:

> Scenario:
> I have scanned a book in a4 size (set-1 of files)
> I have scanned separately other sizes -- say a3 and a1 (typical
> foldouts in a book) (set-2 of files)
>
> Now I want to make a single file containing all the pages in set-1 and
> set-2

Assuming you want to create a PDF file,
You have a one stop solution to your problem : imagemagick.
It is as simple as:
convert -adjoin -page A4 *.jpg book.pdf

But first you need to convert the A3 and A1 size images to A4 either by
scaling them or by splitting them into 2 (for A3) or 8 (for A1) parts. You
could use imagemagick to do this too. Use the -crop feature if you want to
split. Use the -scale feature to scale.

Regards,
Arun
http://wondroussky.blogspot.in/

"கற்றது கைமண் அளவு, கல்லாதது உலகளவு" - ஔவையார்
Known is a drop, Unknown is an ocean