[Ilugc] dual boot success

Balachandran Sivakumar benignbala at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 17:40:20 IST 2012

Hi Kenneth,

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 5:19 PM, kenneth gonsalves
<lawgon at thenilgiris.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> finally succeeded. I did not use lvm. What I did:

         Will it be possible for you to document your whole experience
in a wiki or something where people looking for info can get it
through a web search. I agree that there might already be info on
that. But just in case. :)

> 4 booted from the fedora installation dvd and restored grub. I now have
> a nice dual boot system - I still have one more partition available,
> should I install mandriva, or does someone have suggestions for
> something more exotic?

          How about Open Indiana. I guess the current build is 151a
and it is a nice OS[1]. For someone used to the GNU/Linux system, it
should be very easy. IIRC, it has just gnome(gnome2). And it has the
usual tools - firefox, thunderbird etc. They have a synaptic like UI
for installing new software. Would be worth a try. Thanks

[1] Open Indiana is an OS using the illumos kernel, which was a fork
of Open Solaris after Oracle acquired Sun

--
Thank you
Balachandran Sivakumar

Arise Awake and stop not till the goal is reached.
                                                             - Swami Vivekananda

Mail: benignbala at gmail.com
Blog: http://benignbala.wordpress.com/