[Ilugc] hadoop server startup error

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 11:08:50 IST 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 6:15 PM, Marikkannan Rajagopal
<mail2marikkannan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all...
>
>    I installed the hadoop server in ubuntu 11.10 and set the JAVA_HOME Env
> variable in /etc/bash.bashrc for all users.But i got the error in
> "Formatting of HDFS" as "Could not found the java

/etc/profile is read by most shells whereas /etc/bash.bashrc would be
read by bash shell.

What is the output of $JAVA_HOME?   Some users may have set this
variable in their $HOME - ensure they are picking it up from the
correct location.

HTH,
--
Arun Khan
"As a layman, I would say we have it, but as a scientist I have to