[Ilugc] Meeting Notes - July 2012 meet

Shrinivasan T tshrinivasan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 23:14:34 IST 2012

We had our July 2012 meet on July 14, 2012

I explained the mailing list guidelines using the presentation
http://www.shakthimaan.com/downloads/glv/presentations/mailing-list-etiquette.odp

Adithya and his dad Thyagarajan explored on how they created a presentation
for his school assisgnment using the LibreOffice Presentation.

Mohan explained the libpcap library.
He explained his program pcapstreamer
https://github.com/mohan43u/pcapstreamer

He created a server and client using netcat.
He captured the packets using his program pcapstreamer.
Then, he explained on how the TCP handshack and data transfer is happening
using the captured packets.

slide: http://www.slideshare.net/mohan43u/ilugc-sessionlibpcap

Rajesh explored on RTLinux and its features.
slide: http://www.scribd.com/doc/100138678

Prasanna from PuduvaiLUG explained on their expereinces on
installing ubuntu in a browsing center.

Then, we discussed about the Software freedom day celebrations.
We need volunteers to have demo stalls.
Have to fix a public place for the event.

We announced about the ubuntu release party at MIT, coming saturday.

Thanks for all the speakers and 35 participants.

T.Shrinivasan

My Life with GNU/Linux : http://goinggnu.wordpress.com
Free/Open Source Jobs : http://fossjobs.in

Get CollabNet Subversion Edge :     http://www.collab.net/svnedge