[Ilugc] [Commercial] Software wanted for browsing center management

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 14:51:03 IST 2012

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 9:58 PM, Shrinivasan T <tshrinivasan at gmail.com> wrote:
> My friend is looking for a browsing center management software.
>
> A software in linux clients, which ask for username/password to enable the
> desktop
> and calculates the time spent.

Sounds like a Cybercafe application.

> A public server should be used to manage the users and authenticate.
> Bills should be generated on the time spent by the user.

By "public server"  do you mean the "server"  is in the cloud instead
of the LAN?

> If anyone interested in developing such a system, send me a private mail.

A search for "linux cybercafe setup" came back with this
<http://www.ghabuntu.com/2010/05/internet-cafes-with-linux.html>

Don't have any personal experience with any of them.

--
Arun Khan
"As a layman, I would say we have it, but as a scientist I have to