[Ilugc] Can Guest OS accessing Host WiFi Card Directly ?

Arun Venkataswamy arun289 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 18:25:35 IST 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Balasubramaniam Natarajan <
bala150985 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > In my mac (BSD based) it works. You need to setup Virtual box to use the
> > host's wireless adapter in bridged mode. Set this bridge mode network
> > adapter as your second network interface in your guest. Leave the first
> > interface in the guest for NAT.
> >

> Do you mean to say that inside you guest if you type iwconfig you are able
> to see a interface showing up ?  Cool :-)  Does it mean that if My Host
> machine is running a BDS OS and If I am running a VirutalBox on it,  My
> Guest OS would be able to see the Wireless interface with iwconfig command
> ?

I will check it with an USB wireless adapter. It should work once the guest
gets complete access to the USB device.
But we probably can't assume that what works in a mac might work in
Free/OpenBSD as the Virtual Box implementation in a mac might be different.

Regards,
Arun
http://wondroussky.blogspot.in/

"கற்றது கைமண் அளவு, கல்லாதது உலகளவு" - ஔவையார்
Known is a drop, Unknown is an ocean