[Ilugc] IR Receiver that works on Linux for an XBMC HTPC

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 10:58:14 IST 2012

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 8:29 PM, Roshan George  wrote:

> By the way, I'm thinking of running XBMC because it looks way better.
> The output will be an ancient CRT TV for now, but my brother can
> probably work things out once I have everything set up so that if they
> buy a newer LCD TV, things will be fine. Any opinions on that are
> welcome as well. I have little experience with this, but hopefully
> things will go smoothly.

As an alternate, I would suggest dispense away with all this research
of what works and does not.

I use an USB wireless keyboard/mouse combo.   I get to control XBMC
and also use the same as a PC to browse the net, read email etc. when
I am in the mood to be a couch potato :)   OK it is less glamorous
than an IR remote control but it meets my functional requirements.

--
Arun Khan
"As a layman, I would say we have it, but as a scientist I have to