[Ilugc] Command line for Places -> "Connect to Server"

Balasubramaniam Natarajan bala150985 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 18:49:41 IST 2012

Hi

I am really exited with how nautilus can show a remote ssh servers files on
a GUI locally when we try to Connect to a server over SSH.  The remote
directory comes and sits under ~/.gvfs.

I also found that this can be done by opening you home folder on Nautilus
and typing CTRL+L then in the location bar typing sftp://username@server

Now my question is I am trying to do this over command line to mount that
remote file locally under ~/.gvfs however I don't seem to get the correct
page on Google or my search text is wrong.

Balasubramaniam Natarajan
www.etutorshop.com/moodle/