[Ilugc] Unable to install Ubuntu 12.04, Live CD boots up

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 19:18:29 IST 2012

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Balasubramaniam Natarajan
<bala150985 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to install Ubuntu 12.04 on a Pentium 4 box with 1GB RAM using
> Mercury Mother board.
>
> When the CD booted I gave the option of Try Ubuntu without Install and once
> on the Desktop I am attempting to install the OS.
>
> Step1: It asked me for Language
> Step2: It asked me for 8GB free space I clicked on Continue
>
> That is it there is no Step3 after that Did any one face this problem.

Try the alternate desktop CD and see if you can complete the
installation with it.

> Debian Squeez did work out of the box with 1080P I wanted to install Ubuntu
> as I am comfortable with it.

Each distro has it's idiosyncrasy vis-a-vis hardware compatibility.
If things work with Debian and not with Ubuntu then the problem is
with Ubuntu.   You may have to dig in specific aspects and file bug
reports on Ubuntu.

--
Arun Khan
"As a layman, I would say we have it, but as a scientist I have to