[Ilugc] update apt by local

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 12:56:42 IST 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Balasubramaniam Natarajan
<bala150985 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Try to run
>
> apt-get upgrade

I usually do an apt-get update.    It synchronized the *.bin files in
/var/cache/apt/ to the versions in the repo.

An apt-get install <whatever> picks up the package(s) from
/var/cache/apt/archives if the latest version is there rather than a
download.

apt-on-cd is also an effective tool for this kind of stuff.

--
Arun Khan
"As a layman, I would say we have it, but as a scientist I have to