[Ilugc] Ubuntu - alfresco query

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 11:45:34 IST 2012

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 8:36 PM, Rajagopal Swaminathan
<raju.rajsand at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not uncomfortable twisting a centos box's ear using chkconfig and all that.
>
> But I am all thumbs when it comes to deb.
>
> Any pointers? (of course a silly question from a noob)

chkconfig is available in Debian, *ubuntu, and openSUSE.

*ubuntu also provides service.

With these two utils, enabling services in Debian and *ubuntu is no
different than in RHEL/CentOS/Fedora/openSUSE.

--
Arun Khan
"As a layman, I would say we have it, but as a scientist I have to