[Ilugc] headphones in fedora 17

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 21:06:04 IST 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 5:59 PM, kenneth gonsalves
<lawgon at thenilgiris.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-07-30 at 15:47 +0530, kenneth gonsalves wrote:
>> I just bought a headphone/mike set. I cannot get it to work in Fedora
>> 17. Tried every possible combination of settings. I booted my machine
>> into linux mint and the headphones work out of the box - any guidance
>> would be appreciated.
>
> update - the headphones work out of the box on my wife's much newer
> laptop running Fedora 16.

The issue is with the sound card and/or the audio software (alsa/pulse
audio) and not the head phones.

Do 'lsmod' on your laptop with F16 and Linux Mint;  see what is common
and different for a starting point.

--
Arun Khan
"As a layman, I would say we have it, but as a scientist I have to