[Ilugc] Ubuntu - alfresco query

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 22:16:54 IST 2012

Greetings,

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Arun Khan <knura9 at gmail.com> wrote:

> chkconfig is available in Debian, *ubuntu, and openSUSE.
>
> *ubuntu also provides service.
>
> With these two utils, enabling services in Debian and *ubuntu is no
> different than in RHEL/CentOS/Fedora/openSUSE.

Thanks a lot! That is new learning today for me.

Incidently, I could start the service with a script (I cant remember
the name though) which was right under my nose: alfresco was installed
(using the bitrock/bitnami gui installer) under my home folder. a
little bit of poking around got me started.

Thanks again to all those who responded.

Rajagopal