[Ilugc] Opensource UTM and Session Border Controller

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 10:14:37 IST 2015

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 2:18 PM, Gireesh thenayil rajappan nair
<girithenayil at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All ,
>
> Opensource UTM firewall  and Session Border Controller for securing VoIP
> traffic available for free download .
>
> If any one interested to download and use it ,those guys can take advantage
> of the same .
>
> its fully free including support .
>
> for UTM visit  http://shield.com/

Looks very similar to Zentyal (Ubuntu based)..  Reading the User
Manual; the feature set is comparable to Zentyal.  I looked for
content filter (Dansgaurdian) and Time of Day rules (ToD) but I did
not find it (or I missed it).

BTW, host the ISO on sourceforge or similar service.  The ISO download
takes forever (816 MB and counting -- too big IMO).   Most others like
zentyal, ClearOS, Nethserver fit in a CD ROM.

Is it based on any distribution?  If so, just provide the packages
rather than the ISO.

-- Arun Khan