[Ilugc] [[Doubts]] Installing Bitmask and bypassing fortinet firewall

sahil साहिल scorpionking.sahil at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 10:09:28 IST 2015

On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 8:24 AM, Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> --- On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 11:55 AM, sahil साहिल
> <scorpionking.sahil at gmail.com> wrote:
> | Package dependencies cannot be resolved
> \--
>
> Is your Ubuntu version LTS? Open a terminal, and paste the output of
> the following command:
>
>   $ lsb_release -a

Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Release:    14.04
Codename:    trusty

> From a terminal, can you try do an "apt-get update" first, and then
> install the package?
>
>   $ apt-get update

I have done this too and did google on the error (unmet dependencies) but
to no avail.
Viewed /etc/apt/sources.list file but didn't find anything awkward.
apt-get clean
apt-get autoclean
apt-get update

sudo dpkg --configure -a
sudo apt-get install -f

> The instructions are here:
>
>   https://bitmask.net/en/install/linux

Followed instructions too but failed to install the same.

> You can try this at home, but, please don't do such things in your
> organization without their consent. You are responsible for your
> actions.

I have discussed this with them. I am asking this just out of curiosity.
Organization do have a vpn connection service if you want to access the
public network sites for your work so that's not an issue. But I want to
know what type of events fortinet firewall triggers if someone wants to
establish a vpn connection. Rest I don't have any bad intention.

Kindly share your valuable thoughts on the same.

Thank you.

--

*Regards,Sahil ModGill*