[Ilugc] request reg compilation of linux distro

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 20:54:02 IST 2015

On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 11:09 PM, Purushothaman M <lobestar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>                I am electrical engineer working in a power
> station.Presently i am using windows-7.I want to make a linux distro
> with softwares of my choice for my use in office.Is there any tutorial
> to make such.regards.

Linux from Scratch is a good place to start.  Beside, pretty much all
major distros have  tools to "respin" your own.

The bigger question is why do you really want to spend the energy to
respin your own for a *single* use case?

In case you are trying to avoid bloatware, start with a base like JEOS
(just enough OS) and then add only the packages you need.

-- Arun Khan

> id="DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2"><table style="border-top:
> 1px solid #aaabb6; margin-top: 10px;">

Configure your composer to post in **text** mode; not HTML.