[Ilugc] request reg compilation of linux distro

Rengaraj D sakthirengaraj at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 21:14:37 IST 2015

On 27 December 2015 at 10:39, Purushothaman M <lobestar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>                I am electrical engineer working in a power
> station.Presently i am using windows-7.I want to make a linux distro
> with softwares of my choice for my use in office.Is there any tutorial
> to make such.regards.

You can use Yocto for building custom distro. But yocto is
specifically for embedded systems but you can build distros for X86
architecture also in yocto.

If you want to build a custom Linux you also need basic knowledge in
boot sequence of Linux System and build system for building kernel and
rootfs.

But all the above you learn when you start building linux.