[Ilugc] Monthly meet ILUG-C - Saturday, January 9, 2016, 1500 IST

Neependra Khare neependra.khare at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 16:00:24 IST 2015

On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 2:14 PM, Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Indian Linux Users Group, Chennai [ ILUGC ] is spreading awareness on
> Free/Open Source Software (F/OSS) in Chennai since January 1998.
>
> We usually meet on the second Saturday of every month, and the
> sessions consist of technical talks and discussions. For the first
> meet in new year, we shall meet on Saturday, January 9 2016 at 1500
> IST.
>
> Venue: Classroom No 1,
>              Aerospace Engineering,
>              Near Gajendra Circle,
>              IIT Madras.
>              Link for the Map: http://bit.ly/iitm-aero
>
> You can give a talk or present a demo on F/OSS. Please provide the
> following details if you are interested:

I am doing free Containers (Docker) workshop in different cities in India
and scheduled one for Chennai on 9th Jan already.
http://neependra.net/?p=1532

It would great if we can schedule my Chennai's workshop with
ILUGC monthly meet on 9th Jan. Generally I do a full day workshop and
if there is enough interest we can do full day workshop else stick with
regular slot.

>   Topic : Containers Workshop
>   Description : Docker Hands on
>   Duration : Min. 2 hours
>   About Yourself

Neependra Khare is the author of Docker Cookbook (
https://www.packtpub.com/virtualization-and-cloud/docker-cookbook
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.packtpub.com/virtualization-and-cloud/docker-cookbook&sa=D&ust=1451388090023000&usg=AFQjCNFenxxtw_A7amxldzYtUfXxIkN7Vw>)
and has been co-organising Docker meetup group in Bangalore for more than a
year now (http://www.meetup.com/Docker-Bangalore/
<https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.meetup.com/Docker-Bangalore/&sa=D&ust=1451388090023000&usg=AFQjCNGuZY60OI3aCwTyBJz_yjn2Zz8jYg>).
He has more 11 years to IT experience and earlier worked as System
Administration, Support Engineer, File System Developer and Performance
Engineer. Currently he is doing training and consulting for container
technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Project Atomic, CoreOS.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

> Entry is free.
>
> SK