Membership Categories and charges:
Only Faculty, staff, students, retired faculty and alumni of IIT Madras can become members of the film club. Only members and their guests are allowed to watch the movies. Following are the charges for the membership as well as guest ticketsi (effective from August 2014):
- Gallery membership: Rs. 150 per semester (Rs. 25 per month) for students, staff and faculty.
- Chair membership: Rs. 300 per semester (or Rs. 50/month) for Faculty/ Staff.
Students are given only gallery membership due to limited availability of chair space.
- Gallery membership for Alumni : Rs. 250 per semester per member.
- Chair membership for Alumni : Rs. 500 per semester per member.
- Guest tickets (Gallery): Rs. 30 per ticket; Guest Ticket (Chair) : Rs. 60 per ticket.
- Guest tickets are issued only for members of the film club. While buying guest tickets, members have to show their membership cards.
Even for guest tickets, those with gallery cards can only get gallery tickets.
How to get membership:
- For students: Membership can be taken through the proforma sent to the respective hostel offices. Once they take membership, it is assumed to be valid till the end of their course. If they want to cancel it anytime in between, they can come to Film Club office and cancel it. Cards are sent to the individual hostels.
- For faculty/ Staff: Those who want to register as new members can come to Film Club office between 4:30-7:30pm and fill up the form to get the membership cards. Existing members will get their cards in their respective offices. If you want to cancel the membership anytime in between, you can send an email to the secretary.
- Research scholars and day scholars: Those who want to register as new members can come to Film Club office between 4:30-7:30pm and fill up the form to get the membership cards. Membership has to be renewed every semester