Next: Post acceptance
Up: Our wish list
Previous: Our wish list
- Make interview dates available at least 2 months in advance. Be
appreciative of the constraints of foreign candidates, especially if they are
expected to travel during the peak summer and winter seasons.
- Give the candidates their approximate time slots for the interview. Their
time is as valuable as yours. Making them wait is in bad form.
- Do not make multiple requests for referral letters i.e. once for
visiting positions and once for regular positions.
- Accept attested photocopies of documents and electronic
copies. Definitely accept photocopies of degrees awarded by IIT-M. It is in
poor taste to demand the original of a degree you awarded.
- Provide an explanation of pay scales and allowances in the offer letter.
- Make the system of seniority either merit based or completely
- Give the candidates a tour. Show off the beautiful campus and its