Honors and Awards
- Research Advisor.
Nan Yang Academy of Sciences, Singapore (2019).
- J. C. Bose Fellowship.
Awarded by Department of science and Technology (2019).
- Editor's Pick
Chaos: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science - Nevin Thomas, Sirshendu Mondal, Samadhan A Pawar and R. I. Sujith "Effect of Time-Delay and Dissipative Coupling on Amplitude Death in Coupled Thermoacoustic Oscillators" (2018).
- Appointed as Institute Chair Professor, IIT Madras (2018).
- Won Astronautical Society of India's Prize for Rocket & Related Technologies (2017).
- Elected as a Fellow of the Indian Academy of Sciences (2017).
- Best Poster Award (Second Prize) at the International Workshop on Energy Propulsion and Environment (2017)
- Faculty award for outstanding Ph. D. Dissertation (2016)
by Technical university of Munch to Ralf Blumenthal who was co-guided by Prof. Sujith
- Bhaghyalakshmi & Krishna Ayengar Award
By IIT Madras for having guided Vineeth V. Nair on the project titlted "Role of Intermittency in the onset of Combustion instability" (2015).
- Technical Committee Member
Of Propulsion and Combustion, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (2015).
- TUM Ambassador
By Technical University of Munich,
- J. C. Bose Patent award.
Received from IIT Madras for Best Patent (2013).
- IRDA Award
Institute Research and Development Award (Mid career) of IIT Madras (2014)
- Associate Fellow of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
Awarded in 2010.
- Hans Fischer Senior Fellowship
Institute of Advanced Study of the Technical University of Munich,
Awarded in 2010, for being an outstanding scientist, doing high risk
- Royal Academy of Engineering Research Exchange Fellowship (2010)
- Top 25 Hottest Articles in Science Direct
Sujith's paper which showed that singular values (and not eigenvalues) characterise
the energy growth during thermoacoustic instabilities ranked 7th in the Top 25 Hottest Articles in Science Direct in Combustion during October - December 2009
- Fellow of the Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE)
Elected in 2007
- Coverage in Mathematics Week
Sujith's discovery of non-normality in thermoacoustic instabilities was covered by Mathematics Week, March 17, 2008
- Top 10 Most Downloaded Articles in ASME JEGT
Sujith's paper with Kabiraj which established the route to chaos in thermoacoustic instability is in the list of 10 most downloaded articles in January 2012 in ASME Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power.
- Swarnajayanti Fellowship
- Young Engineer Award
Indian National Academy of Engineering (2002)
For excellence in engineering research
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship
Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (2000-2001, 2004)
For excellence in research
- Best student paper award
Best student paper award of the Madras India Chapter of the Acoustic
Society of America was awarded to my student, Mr. P. Bala Subrahmanyam
for a paper in which I was co-author (2002).
- Best paper award on combustion
XVII National Conference on IC Engines and Combustion (2001)
Co-authors: Dr. S. R. Chakravarthy and Mr. S. Rajesh.
- Top graduate student in the College of Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology (1994)
- HAL prize
For First Rank in B. Tech at IIT Madras (1988)
- First rank in Graduate Aptitude Test Examination, XE Category (1988).
- Associate Editor of International Journal of Aerospace Engineering
Publisher: Hindawi Publishing Corporation (2007-2009).